Thursday 26 May 2011

Thankful Thursday: My two babies


You may or may not know that it took a while for me to get pregnant and stay pregnant.  It took just over 2 years to get pregnant with Logan (1 year no medication 1 year with) and 6 months for Ryleigh (5 months on our own 1 months with med).  Infertility sucks, for me it was full of heartbreak, anger, tears, letdowns, ultrasounds and a lot of blood work. It consumed my life, it was only I could think about.  I spent more times that I can count staring at that pregnancy test just in the right light to see if there was a second line, only to see it was stark white oh how I hated that stark white test. Praying each month that this is this month, this month I was going to get pregnant.  It was hard when friends and family members starting getting pregnant and having babies before me, which for me made my anger worse and then the guilt would start, it was not their fault that I could not get pregnant.

I am very grateful that I finally did get pregnant, there is so many women out there that have gone through far worse than I ever went through, some women out there who have to face reality that it may not be in the picture for them.  Many of them who have to go through more testing and procedure that I had to do. My heart goes out to anyone who is experiencing infertility, and that you are not alone out there.

  My children may drive me crazy at times but I love them and so extremely thankful that they are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment